Starting a new chapter in life can bring a lot of change. Whether they’re retiring, or taking on their next challenge, members who are leaving your group plan will have important decisions to make about their ongoing benefits needs. Having the option to buy coverage through My Next Chapter can help them make the transition.
Through My Next Chapter, Manulife helps members who are leaving your group plan at any stage of life learn about our FollowMe™ and Flexcare® programs. They’ll get information on the different individual health and dental options available to them. More than 10 different plan combinations are offered to meet their needs.
It’s an easy and convenient transition solution, offered at no cost for your organization.
How My Next Chapter works
- Easy administration – we’ll connect with members who are leaving your plan directly, using the member data we have on file. We’ll answer their questions and take care of next steps.
- Mailings will go out to members who are retiring, or otherwise leaving your organization.
- In the mailing, members will get a letter and promotional materials, telling them about FollowMe and Flexcare – our products designed for individual coverage. These products can provide similar benefits to their group plan coverage.
- We’ll also invite employees to visit MyNextChapter.ca or call the toll-free number (1-844-732-4237) to talk to a Licensed Insurance Advisor. Through either channel, they can learn more about their available options, get a quote, or buy the solution that best meets their needs.
- Members who are leaving your group plan may have access to exclusive offers:
- 5% savings on the FollowMe Health rates if they pay their premiums via credit card or pre-authorized debit
- Additional Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- Guaranteed acceptance*, when they apply within 120 days of their group coverage ending
The program will roll out starting in June. For more information about My Next Chapter, please contact your Manulife representative.
*Guaranteed acceptance dependent upon receipt of the first premium payment and satisfaction of eligibility criteria.
For Quebec residents only: to be eligible for a FollowMe or Flexcare plan, Quebec residents must also have RAMQ prescription drug coverage.